Monday 18 April 2016

Life Is What You Make It Mobile Phone Shaker Card

I die cut the mobile phone from pearl card and coloured it with an alcohol marker, then cut the background area from plain white card and stamped the butterfly repeatedly with memento ink in shades of pinks and purples.

I took a piece of acetate that filled the screen area and stamped "Life is what you make it" with black StazOn ink.



I backed the phone front with 3D foam strips leaving no gaps and ran round the inside with a powder tool to prevent my selection of small lilac and bright pink sequins from sticking.

I enclosed them by attaching the background piece to the foam tape; this creates your shaker element.


For the card I took a plain white card base which I embossed. I ran the lower 2/3 through with the butterfly folder first then overlapping with the sewing folder at top.

To highlight the effect I dragged my ink pads lightly over the top graduating from pastel pink to pale lilac.

I affixed the phone at a slight angle and trimmed with a few sequins.

  • Visible Image Butterfly stamp
  • Visible Image Be Happy stamp set (Life is what you make it)
  • Marianne Designs Collectables Mobile phone die and stamp set COL1359
  • Sizzex Hope sewing embossing folder
  • Craft Concepts Wings embossing folder
  • White card base
  • Plain white card
  • White pearl card
  • Acetate
  • Alcohol marker
  • Memento inks
  • StazOn ink
  • Sequins
  • Foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment