Monday 18 April 2016

You're Out of This World Mobile Phone Shaker Easel Card

I started by die cutting the phone from pearl card and the backing piece from plain white card.

I used the rocket and earth from Captain Awesome and the other planet from Alien Invasion to build up the scene. I then coloured the scene and the phone case with alcohol markers.

I fitted acetate behind the phone front then created a shaker using 3D foam tape to sandwich the pieces together with sequins inside.


I created an easel base and cut a second piece of card to cover the front. I covered this with a selection of patterned papers overlapping at an angle for interest. Leaving space for the phone I stamped the sentiment in white StazOn ink then attached the phone alongside.



Using the embossing folder and some off cuts of the patterned paper I decorated the front of the easel base and created a ledge to support the easel.

I attached the design piece to the easel and finished the card off with a sprinkling of sequins.

  • Visible Image Alien Invasion stamp set
  • Visible Image Captain Awesome stamp set
  • Marianne Designs Collectables mobile phone die and stamp set
  • Sizzex Tim Holtz steel flooring embossing folder
  • Crate Paper DIY Shop paper pad
  • Studio Calico Thataway paper pad
  • Square white card base
  • Plain white card
  • White pearl card
  • Acetate
  • Memento inks
  • White StazOn ink
  • Alcohol markers
  • Sequins
  • 3D foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment