Thursday 18 February 2016

Colours of the Wind Canvas

I painted gessoed canvas with blue emulsion and ensured it was dry before coating in crackle glaze then almond emulsion.  I dried rapidly with heat gun to get large cracks.


I stamped a trio of leaves, sentiment and a background accent of winter tree direct to canvas then random stencilling of first grey ink then clear embossing.

Living with it for a while it felt too flat; so I restamped the leaves and The Colours of the Wind in autumn colours on kraft card. I crinkled and distressed them then adhered them over the original stamping, allowing edges to curl up for dimension and texture. It felt top heavy so I stamped the dragonfly twice on kraft and layered them up.



Finishing touches were a Wink of Stella on dragonfly and a scattering of candi minis.


No comments:

Post a Comment