Saturday 20 February 2016

Clara Time Canvas

My makes tend to be very colourful, either bright or pastel.  I wanted to try something outside my comfort zone with this and took my colour scheme from a metal clock face I found in my stash.


I built up texture with torn corrugated card, texture paste stencilling, cut up wooden stirrers and wooden cogs.  I sealed it all with gesso.


Now for the brave bit.  I covered the who thing in black emulsion.  Then I picked out all the raised areas in gold acrylic paint.  I cut up small strips of patterned paper, crinkled and distressed them, edged them in gold and used them liven up the flat area.


I stamped Time twice on black card, heat embossing alternate letters so I could cut them out individually.  I heat embossed Clara and the wings on kraft card, coloured them in a mostly neutral pallet with alcohol markers and cut them out; removing the umbrella.

I adhered Clara with wings, Time and the clock face using glossy accents and foam tape.  I coated her wings and outfit in a wink of stella

  • Visible Image Clara stamp
  • Visible Image Time After Time stamp set
  • Cogs stencil 
  • Metal clock face 
  • 7x5" canvas board 
  • Gesso 
  • Texture paste 
  • Wooden cogs 
  • Wooden stirrer 
  • Corrugated card 
  • Emulsion (DIY tester pot) black 
  • Wink of Stella

No comments:

Post a Comment