Monday 15 February 2016

Shay Life Is What You Make It

After keying the canvas with gesso I coated it in Almond emulsion. Once dry I applied first crackle glaze then Powder Purple emulsion and left this to dry.


I stamped Shay on the canvas in black, then repeat stamped the large butterfly in grey and bronte script in mauve. I coloured her with distress markers, then stencilled clear embossing paste in areas for texture.


I stamped Life is what you make it, Shay's outfit and the butterflies on patterned paper. I tore around sentiment and adhered in flat along with some random torn paper strips. I built up her skirt in layers and used 3D pads to add depth. I also 3D mounted the butterflies over the large butterflies to create extra shadow and dimension.


I completed the piece by adding a wink of stella to the butterflies and dress then a scattering of candi minis.

No comments:

Post a Comment