I stamped Shay on the canvas in black, then repeat stamped the large butterfly in grey and bronte script in mauve. I coloured her with distress markers, then stencilled clear embossing paste in areas for texture.
I stamped Life is what you make it, Shay's outfit and the butterflies on patterned paper. I tore around sentiment and adhered in flat along with some random torn paper strips. I built up her skirt in layers and used 3D pads to add depth. I also 3D mounted the butterflies over the large butterflies to create extra shadow and dimension.
I completed the piece by adding a wink of stella to the butterflies and dress then a scattering of candi minis.
- Visible Image Be Happy stamp set
- Visible Image Butterfly stamp
- Visible Image Large Butterfly stamp
- Visible Image Bronte Script stamp
- Julie Nutting Shay stamp
- The Crafter's Workshop Mini Harlequin stencil
- Make & Create All Bright Colours paper pad
- Emulsion (DIY tester pots) Almond, Powder Purple
- 7x5" canvas board
- Crackle paste
- Clear embossing paste
- Memento inks
- Tim Holtz Distress markers